We're Building Our Team
Current Open Positions
Certified Nurse Midwife
Candidates must meet the criteria for Certified Nurse-Midwives by Colorado law and function in accordance with the American College of Nurse-Midwives Standards for Nurse-Midwifery Practice. The CNMs hired for Tender Gifts Midwifery & Birth Center will work in our community birth settings. Our midwife will work closely with ancillary staff to provide high-quality care to clients and their families.We expect any CNM’s we hire in our practice to participate in outreach and community education efforts that foster the mission of our birth center while promoting the growth of out of hospital births in our community. This is a contracted, part time position with the possibility of full time employment.
- Current licensure as a CNM in Colorado or willing to obtain one
- Current ACNM Certification
- Current enrollment in the AMCB, CCA or CMP
- Colorado Prescriptive Authority
- BLS and NRP current
The Midwife we hire for our center will be a part of the clinical staff under the direct supervision of the Clinical director.
Duties include, but are not limited to: prenatal care, labor and delivery care, postpartum care, well woman care, and newborn care that are appropriate to community birth settings. Midwives will keep careful and complete health records of clients. Midwives will provide care with careful shared decision making with clients. Midwives will attend staff meetings and training/education as required or directed by the Governing Body or Clinical Director. Duties may also include miscellaneous administrative duties when appropriate including: answering phone calls, returning emails, providing tours, scheduling appointments, taking payment, etc.
The Certified Nurse Midwife will uphold moral and ethical standards related to the Midwifery Model of Care and the Philosophy of Tender Gifts Midwifery & Birth Center. Abuse of alcohol, prescription drugs, recreational drugs, tobacco use or electronic cigarette use on the premises will not be tolerated and provides grounds for immediate termination of the contract of services.
We are seeking a Registered Nurse to be a part of the clinical staff of our community birth center. In this position you will provide nursing support during labor, birth and postpartum, and newborn care in community birth settings. This is a contracted, part time position with possibility of full time employment.
· Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing
· CO Registered Nurse licensure
· OB experience preferred
· CPR BLS certification
· Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification is required
· Prenatal, delivery, postpartum and newborn nursing care in community birth settings
· Providing home visits for mom and baby
· Assisting providers during office hours; telephone triage and follow up phone calls
· Prenatal client education, and conducting orientation tours of the birth center
· Other duties may be required for optimum functioning of the birth center
Additional Job Responsibilities:
· Provide a work environment safe and free from hazards; adhere to Health and Safety Policies and Procedures; participate in all safety programs, which may include assignment to an emergency response team.
· Adhere to birth center policies & procedures and practice protocols.
· Maintain quality assurance and optimal client care.
· Attend mandatory staff meetings.
· Provides care in the context of promoting age and culture-appropriate informed choices, shared decision-making
and the right to self-determination.
The RN’s will uphold moral and ethical standards of Tender Gifts Midwifery & Birth Center. Abuse of alcohol, prescription drugs, recreational drugs, tobacco use or electronic cigarette use on the premises will not be tolerated and provides grounds for immediate termination of the contract of services.